The two primary first responders to a victim of human trafficking are law enforcement and CPS (Community Service Programs). When a CSP Advocate receives a call, they immediately go to assist the victim. They bring a bag including various necessities to meet the victim wherever he or she is. The victim’s clothing may be taken for evidence or they may have barely any clothing on at all. Oftentimes they need the necessities of life, like shelter, food and toiletries. Your donation will go directly to these victims.
Collect and donate to the Necessities Drive.
Drop off will be throughout the month of July at the OCBA headquarters.
All items must be new/clothing must have tags.
Here is a list of the most needed items:
- Target, food, and clothing gift cards.*
- Clothes/shoes (new w/tags) in sizes S-XXL.
- Backpacks/duffel bags.
- Soap, shampoo, conditioner, face wash.
- Non-perishable snacks.
- Socks/sports bras (new w/tags).
- Cash donations may be made directly to CSP at www.cspinc.org and donors will receive a letter certifying that their donation is tax deductible.
*Donations to www.cspinc.org and gift cards will be used by victim advocates to best help victims with necessities and as deemed appropriate by the advocate.
Donations can be dropped off at the OCBA Office, 4101 Westerly Place, Newport Beach, CA 92660 during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9a.m. to 5p.m.